Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Raw food for pets?|||First you should know that you should NEVER give an animal a cooked bone, it can splinter in their throat and kill them. Raw bones are great for them, and their teeth.

Dogs eat more vegetables in their diet than cats, make sure you have a balanced diet for each.
The problem with raw food is the amount of time required for just one meal, I suggest buying raw food meals to start out to make sure they have a balanced diet in the beginning. In fact, unless you are going to be a die hard raw food feeder, then only use these types of meals- or supplement your kibble meal with meat & veggies. Just look at these page for instructions on making raw meals.
http://www.pet-grub.com/part3/
Try the websites below for places that sell prepackaged raw food meals.
And there is no problem with feeding raw food to cats and dogs as long as you don't let it spoil- and you have an already have a dog/cat with a healthy immune system. Their bodies can deal with Salmonella. Whole prey (mice/quail for cats) should be frozen first- (- although my cat always eat the mice in my backyard and he has not gotten sick...) this kills any parasites that can spread to your pet.
Your pet will definitely LOVE the food better. Not only will they have texture in their food (image always having hard cereal or oatmeal to eat) but you can add much more variety.
Research BARF (Bones And Raw Food Diet).|||i tried it, and i honestly dont think its a good idea. thats why we cook our food cause its the better thing to do. we wouldnt eat raw meat, so why give it to our animals right?|||Dogs are not strictly carnivores and have more sensitive stomachs. I don't recommend it. But cats are carnivores and can eat raw meat. I feed mine hamburger and steak all the time.|||i wouldn't give a dog or cat raw food as it could get a very bad disease|||Feeding raw food can be dangerous. I have one cat and one dog, and I cook homemade fresh foods for them. I follow the recipes in these books
Woofing it Down (for my dog)
Lapping it Up (for my cat)
If you feed a raw diet you are risking your animals severe sickness or death. Cooking the food removes the risk and diease. I wasn't sure about cooking or raw until I read both of these books, and than followed up the advice in them with some research of my own. I highly recommend a homemade diet, but one that is cooked. Both of my pets are doing well on these diets.|||This is a great question and you should do your research very carefully! Everyone is going to have their opinion but that does not mean it is the right food for your dog. I just lost my seven year old German Shepherd to cancer and that is when I went searching for the cause. I came across a website on the internet that shocked me into disbelief that I probably had poisoned my dog to death and didn't even know it. Most dog foods are loaded with hidden poisons and other obscenities I still have a hard time grasping. I am going to give you the website address so you can read this report and learn what is really in commercial dog foods and you can make an educated decision like I did on which dog food to buy! I wish you all the best!
www.realdogfoodcomparisons.com

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment