Friday, March 9, 2012

I want to feed raw but we have large dogs and can't afford for them to eat raw 7 days a week.

So I was wondering if I can give them a raw meal once or twice a week and their regular dry food for the rest of the week. Or will this mess up their digestive system?|||Yes that's absolutely fine. Don't listen to other posters about no raw meat. Dogs have stronger stomach acid than humans and also have different bacteria lining their intestines, so they're much less likely to suffer from salmonella, e coli, etc like humans do.

If you can afford it, try adding in a little bit of raw to their kibble each day so that their system stays used to it and it isn't such a shock when they suddenly have a raw meal one day out of seven. My dogs are fed kibble for all meals, but get some raw diet ingredients (meat, bones, etc) mixed in with their regular food so it doesn't upset their tummy. That way it's affordable but they're also getting the added benefit of a raw diet.
Note that feeding raw means you'll have to get your dogs dewormed more often than if they were just eating kibble.|||raw beef is good for your dog, although you should be careful about picking up their droppings, since you can still pick up the same illnesses, like E. Coli.

If you're not comfortable giving your dogs raw beef, you can cook it. you can keep the grease with it, or not, since it'll only change fat content and flavor, but nothing else really.

the nutritional values don't change between cooked and uncooked beef.|||It should be fine if they don't get the runs--a common side effect of diet changes. I had a large lab that lived 16 years on Purina. She wasn't fat, and ate 50# a month. I didn't give her much raw food except "healthy" table scraps.

Go to dogfoodadvisor.com. Foods are rated in 1-5 star levels. I'm now feeding my dog a 4 star food. She eats about 20# a month at around $1 a pound. She weighs about 40#. I still think she eats less of this better quality food than she would Purina or other 1-star foods.

I think you'll find that site interesting.|||If it's raw meat, DEFINITELY NO. But as for the other things, I'm not so sure. You could try asking your vet, or Google-ing the answer. I wish you the best of luck in your research!|||NEVER give a dog raw meat . But there is nothing wrong with giving him leftovers or that dry dog food that will set for about 10 minutes. _|||I feed my pugs raw in the morning then good quality kibble at night. My vet thinks they are just amazing, so I guess you can mix without problems.|||It depends what kind of raw food your gonna feed in your dog, some are bad/good for them.|||That's fine.|||I'm pretty sure that will be fine :)

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment