Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Do people who are on this diet actually prefer eating cold food vs. warm?
Why can鈥檛 raw meats/fish be included in this diet? I am obviously talking theoretically about safe raw meat free of diseased bacteria. Vegetables can contain poisons from the environment just as likely as an animals meat can contain harmful bacteria鈥檚, so given this theory 鈥?why is meat and fish left out of this lifestyle?|||I know of raw foodists who eat raw fish, honey, raw egg, and raw dairy products. So, no, they are not vegan or vegetarian. I don't think people who eat like this comprise the majority of raw foodists, however. I try to incorporate a lot of raw foods into my diet, but it's hard when traveling to do it healthily, and I don't feel it's necessary for me to have a 100% raw diet anyway. I have had some really excellent dishes at raw food restaurants, including the best strawberry cream pie I can ever imagine eating (restaurant in Bangkok). I didn't notice or care that my meal wasn't hot. It was more room temperature than cold, anyway. Think about it: you probably eat plenty of cold foods already. Salads, fruits, etc. It's a very nice way to eat in summer.|||Let me ask you this question... how much raw meat are you willing to eat? I'm not saying that sashimi and steak tartare is bad or anything, but I don't think anyone would be willing to eat that ALL the time, or say... raw chicken, or eggs, liver, bacon, whatever. Not all raw meat is safe to eat, and the majority of meat/seafood that people have access to in supermarkets and their local fishmonger isn't of raw eating quality... especially fish. Vegetables are A LOT safer to eat raw than meat is, and the poisons that you're talking about are usually from pesticides and such, not fron the veggies themselves. People just generally don't eat raw meat to such an extent. And some people go on a raw food diet because they feel its healthier for them. With a raw food diet, you don't neccessarily eat everything raw, just mostly. It's the individiuals choice how much raw food they eat. And some foods just taste better cold. Like milk... I hate warm milk. Some people eat cold pizza or chinese food (I'm just using examples here). I know I wouldn't want hot salad... would you? So maybe some people like eating cold food. So with all that being said, I don't think the raw food diet HAS to be vegetarian/vegan, it just makes a lot of sense for it to be that way, and it should be pretty obvious that there are a lot of people who practice that lifestyle. Otherwise you wouldn't have posted your question.

And if you're worried about the poisons in veggies, go to your locak farmer's market and I bet you 100 to 1 there will be someone there selling all natural and organic fruits and veggies... and everything at farmer's markets is way cheaper than a supermarket anyway.|||Vegan means just that. No meat. Cooked or otherwise.|||I'm on a easy diet to follow it's a liquid diet Beer.|||I eat meat cooked, thank you. It's good for you, and it's fun to hunt it and kill it.|||Because vegans are too narrow-minded and they like the smell of their farts.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment