Friday, March 9, 2012

My brothers girlfriend feeds her dogs only raw meat and they say that its best for dogs but her dogs are big hunting dogs and i have chihuahuas is it still good for the small breeds?
What is the best thing to feed chihuahuas?|||Of course you can feed a Chihuahua raw! I feed both my Siberian Huskies and my Chihuahua "Prey Model Raw". You have to know what you're doing though. It's not just as simple as tossing raw meat in a dish. You have to make it balanced. When feeding Prey Model Raw, you feed 80% muscle meat, 10% bone, and 10% organs, 5% of the organs need to be liver. You can balance this out over a week.

All of my dogs are thriving on this diet and are healthier than ever. I believe it's the best diet for any dog, unless of course the dog has a weak immune system.

You can feed any raw meats. My dogs get lamb, pork, venison, goat, bison, rabbit, etc. A few tips I have is you can always use supplements if you're worried about your dog missing out on vital vitamins and minerals. I use the brand Nupro and they have a supplement specifically for small dogs. It's most likely not needed because prey model raw is balanced but it just makes me feel better to use it. I also give my dogs salmon oil a couple times a week just to help with skin and coat. I only use Nupro a few times a week too.

Here's a site that has everything posted about Prey Model Raw.
https://www.dogster.com/forums/Raw_Food_鈥?/a>

It's a lot easier than it looks once you get the hang of it and how much to feed.|||I mostly do chicken wings (raw), for my dog and my daughters chihuahua. I cook for my dogs too-which is pretty cheap since I make up quite a bit and freeze it in containers.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment