Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I am going to feed my dog raw food,should I feed my cat raw too? How would I go about it? What do other cat owners give thiers?|||You will find far better health going for a raw food diet, but you need to follow recipes so you get the right euantities of things in it, it's not all that complex. And there's y70% less UTI's by going that way as well.|||Cats, like dogs, have a higher tolerance for the kind of baterial load that raw meat carries; that's why they're less likely to get sick than if a human ate raw meat. So yes, you can give your cat raw food, too. Raw chicken cut up into little bits is fine; my cat eats everything, so he eats some of the dog's raw beef as well.

Uncooked chicken bones (thigh) is okay for cats, too, since it won't splinter (like cooked bones). Your dog should get only raw beef bones and no pork.

Don't give a dog raw fish, though.|||I wouldn't, but I don't have the time to do the research on the food.
I also don't want to have to educate my cat sitters on the safe handling of kitty's diet.
Kitty sleeps on my bed, sits on my work desk, lies on me, says scratch me by the butt lifter...
Way to much risk involved in my opinion.

Kibble I can leave out if I'm going to be late or away over night.
BARF (Bones And Raw Food) requires timed feedings, safe handling, cold storage.|||yes raw diets for cats are wonderful if you take the time to research and do it right. unlike dogs, cats need taurine to survive. you'll need to purchase a commerical supplement powder or feed organ meats (hearts are good here) to make sure your cat is getting taurine. here's a great website about cat nutrition and why dry food is bad. click on "what cats should eat"
www.littlebigcat.com

here's a link to a great user-friendly website on how to make your own raw food for your cat. see the section on home made diets for information at the first link and the raw diet recipe on the second link
http://www.britishmists.com/feeding.html

http://www.britishmists.com/food.html

also, here's a site with a step by step guide to raw food diets for cats
www.catnutrition.org|||My vets recommended a mixture. Definitely raw chicken necks for their teeth, then some vegetables (I just give cat grass) apparently in the wild they get veg from the stomach of their prey so its natural.

I don't give mine raw, I just wouldn't trust it enough.|||it's not advisable to give cat raw food, it's best to feed them with cats dried food/can food and if you are really not sure pls consult the nearest vet, good luck.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment