Friday, March 9, 2012

as most raw meat proteins have some degree of bacteria/virus or parasite how do you best prevent them from getting these infections from their diet? ie. Trichanosis from pork, parasite worms from fish etc.|||As Akitagrl said, human grade meat and freezing the meat is the best bet to ward off parasites. Freezing kills the bacteria and viruses. My vet said she has seen more studies showing cases for food born bacteria and viruses from processed dog foods than from people who feed raw. Granted, there is more research that could be done and this is by no means definative. The fact that YOU handle the food the dog eats directly from the butcher to your fridge to the dog I think is great.

I wish I could commit to feeding my dogs raw, but I am realistic with myself. I just don't have the time at this point in my life to buy, prepare, measure, etc with a raw diet. My dogs LOVE raw meaty bones when I give them.|||You freeze the meat rock hard for 30days and it kills parasites.

Dogs are not susceptible to salmonella and most of the other bugs they are likely to encounter in human grade meat. I rarely feed anything else, although occasionally my dog catches her own rabbit, and eats it up, every bit.

There is almost no risk of trichinosis in human grade pork these days; you need only be concerned if you are feeding wild pig or bear.|||Most meat don't have parasites, that's what the USDA inspection is supposed to eliminate. Getting human food grade meats that are FRESH, not sitting in the grocery meat section for 5 days, is key.

You can cook the meat, especially fish, and still get the full food value for the dog.|||If you are using human grade meats, that isn't really an issue. For fish and some wild game, I know people usually freeze for 3 months to kill any parasites in the meat.|||give him natural yoghurt may be twice a week or three times and with no suggar, i read that dogs dont get sick with raw food because its what they are supposed to eat|||Honestly, I don't do anything. Most of the meat I get is human grade so there's no concern there.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment