Friday, March 9, 2012

I've just switched to raw - will nutritional yeast still be ok?|||well, foods that are grown in a home garden should be plentiful with b12, assuming that you don't wash the plants a lot before you eat them. as long as you eat them while they are still fairly 'dirty', you will be getting adequate amounts of vitamin b12. b12 doesn't actually come form animal products, it comes from most places where it is dirty and not sanitary. and the human body needs basically minute amounts anyway, in the course of a lifetime, you only need the equivalent of four grains of rice worth of b12. you should be able to get adequate amounts this way, but i guess the yeast would be ok as an alternative.|||My doctor told me that I had to take Vitamin B12 vitamins every day to supplement my diet. So nutritional yeast should be ok.|||I take an injection of B 12 once a month. You can purchase it in pill form at the store in the vitamin section. You should speak with a doctor before starting a raw diet. Also can do a web search to see which foods are highest in this.|||You could get it as a supplement or from more natural sources. I personally don't take any B12. I feel great so I guess I don't need it.
Maybe not now though lol|||It is true, dirt is the only way except pills or injections. You may call it micro-organisms if this sounds better.|||nutritional yeast isn't raw. The only raw food with B12 in it would be raw eggs from your own hen, but that's not vegan.

Vegetarian Society Info. Sheet - Vitamin B12
http://www.vegsoc.org/info/b12.html

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment