Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I feed my dog a mix of a little kibble with a raw food diet which consists of venison, chicken and egg. I was just wondering what other people used for their dogs and what you thought about the diet. It works well with my dogs and I don't have any weight problems and they have great coats. They really love the raw over the kibble that is for sure. It is a little time consuming to get everything ready for them as I have 8 dogs but I think it is worth it in the long run.|||I feed raw. So I obviously like it.
I would not suggest feeding kibble and raw together.as dogs digest each differently. if you want to do half raw half kibble. I would do one raw meal a day and 1 kibble a day.

I keep Orijen dog kibble around in case I forget to thaw a frozen meal. Also use it for his treat ball.

I use chicken (main meat source), Turkey(2-4 times a week) and some form of fish 2 times a week) every week. along With organs every few days, and eggs every FEW days.



Dog kibble i only 60 or so years old.

So technically raw it has been around much longer.

My dog doesn't well on dog food. he gets loose runny stools (he has been on everything from 6 star gourmet food (orijen, taste of the wild welness ETC) to lowest junk possible such as ol roy or kibbles and bits, Purina ETC.

RAW is the only way keeps a shiny Lovely coat,firm small tools. his teeth are remarkable my vet can not believe a 6.5 year old dog still has pearly white teeth not a sign of tarter, and I hae never bushed them.|||Raw is better than the dry kibble, because One you know whats going into your dog, Two you can split the dogs meals better, Three its a cheaper way of feeding your dog. Dog kibble these days have stuff in it that will make you vomit by hearing it.|||Well I usually mix some kibble with either some chicken or plain rice or doggie-safe vegetables... It's a healthy and fairly cheaper way =)) My husky likes it =))|||WAY more trouble & expense & effort for any "perceived" benefits.|||I think it's the best diet you could give a dog. I plan to feed my next dog on exclusively on raw.|||You are doing the right thing 100%, good for you. Raw meat etc is a dogs natural food, out in the wild dogs eat raw food, eg chickens, rabbits etc...., if your dog got lost out in the wild, his hunting instincts would kick in and he would start looking for raw food, it is only natural for dogs. At least with raw food you know that no additives, preservatives and salt have not been added, which commercially prepared foods have added to them, causing various types of health problems in some dogs. Believe me the extra work is worth it. IIt is also good that you are including a small about of kibble in their diet, as it includes some vitamins that raw meats don't have. For ease of digestion, mix a bit of water with the dry kibble 15 mins before feeding to soften it up and don't forget to include some raw grated vegies. I successfully raced Greyhounds on this type of feeding regime with fantastic results health and race recovery wise.|||I think its a fad that has no scientific research/nutrition behind it.

I have had dogs-dozens and dozens of dogs over the last 40+ years and they all had long healthy lives fed ---Commercial Dog food.

The dog food industry has spent years and millions of dollars on research.
Until the Raw food industry does the same I will stick to commercial dog food.

Why would you feed any kibble if Raw is such a perfect diet though|||I have two 11 year old dogs that even the vet cannot believe that they are that old. They are the perfect weight for their size. I have fed them kibble 99% of that time, occasionally giving them a few pieces of leftover chicken or steak. I am against giving dogs much human food of any kind.

火车采集器
  • tagalog translator
  • monroe muffler
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment