Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I've been looking into the whole raw food craze, but one thing I can't get my head around is why raw-foodies don't eat raw seafood (like sushi) or "raw" dairy (ie, unpasterized). At one of the top raw foods restaurants in NYC, they cook with honey - so it's probably not an issue of these foods not being vegan. Anyone know?|||i asked my raw foodie friend and she doesnt eat seafood because shes Ovo Lacto Vegan..meaning she doesnt eat anything that had to die to prodcue your meal. Honey is bees bi product. But sushi is a dead being. about the milk, i have never even heard of unpasturized milk. She didn't say anthing about it either...|||The reason for pasteurization is to kill bacteria in milk products. So I wouldn't eat any unpasteurized dairy products.

However I am not sure what their issue with sushi would be. I personally don't like sushi but that is my taste not that I am worried about bacteria.|||Sushi is good, but when I think of raw seafood, I picture clear shrimp, green lobsters, fish filets that are translucent. I do eat raw clams and oysters. Raw eggs are okay in egg nog or with suki yaki. As far as unpasteurized milk products, there is no reason to chance the bacteria. My mother got tuberculosis from unpasteurized milk. I know the herds are checked today. Brucellosis comes from milk too, and the herds are checked.|||It's probably because most raw foodists are vegetarian (though not vegan), and seafood is NOT a vegetarian food, coming as it does from animals.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment