Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I know that veggies have more nutrients when raw but that's all I know. I am vegan but I'm not sure about the raw food thing...|||I started eating raw quite by accident -- I just did not cook, but ate what I called a "progressive salad" - I would prepare a salad on a base of chopped cabbage, and eat what I wanted then put what was left in the refrigerator. Each day, I would add something to the mix, until I finally ate the whole bowl by the end of the week.

I eat raw vegetables and fruit, as well as raw nuts and seeds, and sprouts. This does not mean only salads -- I grind things up and make pates, soups, casseroles, desserts, and other things. I also drink smoothies.|||You basically just answered your own question. When your eating veggies, they help your body a lot because of how high they are in ceratain vitamins and nutrients. When you boil or cook them, most of those all-important nutrients are lost leaving you with a great-tasting, but less nutricous meal.
Example: You eat a raw carrot and it gives your body certain nutrients that help obtain greater vision. But shaving off the skin (which is where most of the nutrients are) or boiling them, will leave you with a tastier (in theory) meal, but won't help nearly as much|||its easier to digest.

火车采集器
  • nada bluebook
  • tucson
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment