Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I am just getting started on my new diet with lots of raw foods. I still cook some of my veggies and just wonder if its OK to still eat fish?|||A raw diet must consist of at leat 80% raw foods, so you could only include cooked fish and veggies in 20% of your diet, which usually translates to about one meal (or just main course) per day. Also, most raw foodist are also vegan/vegetarian but there are few raw foodists out there who will eat raw meat like fish, or consumed unpasturized dairy products.|||It's going great so far. I did have a small set back, but I'm back on track now! lol

Report Abuse

|||Congratulations on starting a raw diet! In answer to your questions, it is really up to you. If you choose to be raw vegetarian or raw vegan then no, that cannot include fish.
I know there are some raw foodists out there who eat raw fish. I personally choose not to eat fish because of of cruelty and overfishing issues - and I'm of the opinion that fish is not healthy, but there is a lot of conflicting info on the subject from both sides.
A raw foodist does not eat any cooked food at all, but you can be what is called "high raw" which means roughly 80% (mostly) raw.
The reason why some people might want to be 100% raw is that it facilitates the detox process, but if you choose to be high raw then that's very healthy too. Probably the healthiest non-raw meal you can have is steamed veggies as part of a green salad. If you can find Essene bread in a local shop I'd highly recommend it - it's not raw but it's made from sprouted grain and very healthy - much more so than regular wholegrain bread.|||Of course it's okay to eat fish. Just don't overcook them, I hate it when I do it can ruin a good meal. It's the same when the chef over does Pork chops it just needlessly dries them out.|||Wrong section.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment