Friday, March 9, 2012

I heard that some nuts are poisonous if unroasted. Is this true? Are there any raw foods that are dangerous or should avoid??|||I only purchase unroasted nuts (cashews, almonds, pistachios, pine nuts, Brazil nuts etc.) and have never had a problem.
Roasting nuts destroys the enzymes required to digest them.

What I assume you are referring to are cashews. The shell surrounding the raw cashew contains urushiol, a resin that can create significant skin rashes, and can be toxic when ingested.

Urushiol is the same chemical found in poison ivy, and it is present on the leaves of the cashew tree as well as in the raw cashew shell. It is removed during processing.|||The poison in unroasted nuts (e.g., cashews) is negligible compared to the destruction of nutritional value that occurs on heating food above 116 degrees F. Surely you must have noted the millions of people who have eaten cooked food and are dying on the streets.|||I think June has some serious issues. Anyways, I love your posts and I have no life either and I'm trying to kiss *** to get 10 points. I'm guessing chicken would be a raw food to avoid.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment